From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Trying to create a wiki page :-)
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:57:09 GMT
Hi all,

while trying to create a wiki page containing the slash character,
I've been running into some weird issues. I've been testing this on
2.6.2-svn-1 running on Tomcat/6.0.14.

It's not making much sense to me, so I'll post this here awaiting some
comments like "sure, that's all fine" or "ugh, that's a bug".

* first try:
  [issue one / two]
  Creates a link to an attachment "issue one / two" of the current
  page (http://localhost:8080/jspwiki/attach/issue%20one%20/%20two).
  Result is a "HTTP Status 404 - Attachment 'Issue one two', version
  -1 does not exist." from Tomcat.
  Weird:
  * Why is this an attachment and not a regular page link?
  * The link appears in blue underlined letters, although it doesn't
    exist.
  * slash in the link (!?), no slash in the error message.

* second try "maybe escape the slash":
  [issue one \/ two]
  Nearly the same again,
  "http://localhost:8080/jspwiki/attach/issue%20one%20%5C/%20two".
  But this time, the result is a blank page (really blank, no HTML).

* third try "maybe with double slash":
  [issue one // two]
  Same as first try, but of course the double slash is the difference
  in the link.

What remains is the question of how to correctly link to such a wiki
page and whether which characters are allowed and how to be used is
documented somewhere (haven't found anything on this topic).

Regards,
 Florian