From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.jaqu...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on authentication changes for JSPWiki 3.0
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:32:04 GMT
> The fact that this is how most Stripes users are doing their auth
> didn't influence your decision in any way? ;-)

It influenced things, sure. :)

Also, the big debate we had recently about ClassUtil was related to
the difficulties Simon was having with ACEGI. That contributed too.
But it's not just that... the request-wrapping technique is pretty
elegant, and seems like a good way to make JSPWiki play nicely with
lots of things.

> I think this sounds pretty good.  I've never been much of a fan of
> JAAS, since it adds all sorts of weirdosities - I have to admit that
> all those Callbacks sound very strange to me, when you're used to
> simplicity of Beans.

I admire the design of JAAS quite a bit -- it's modeled after PAM, and
is really flexible. It's only weird if you think PAM is weird too.
Yes, Callbacks are a little odd, but not too bad, really, once you get
the hang of them.

So, is this a 2.8 or 3.0 item?