From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Classmapping and final classes
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:21:57 GMT

On 21 Jan 2008, at 19:49, Andrew Jaquith wrote:

> The classes are final because they are not meant to be extended. We
> do not have any plans to change this.

The classmapping mechanism is really intended for people Who Really
Know What They Are Doing And Don't Mind The Classes Being Broken From
Version To Version But Would Like To Extend The Code Without Having
To Re-Patch Every Version.  So when I created it, I didn't look too
deeply on which classes were final and which weren't.

> Are you asking about this because you would like to know how to
> embed JSPWiki? We may need to come up with an alternative way of
> making this work...

What is the reason to make them final?  Are there any potential
security issues?

/Janne