From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: FF issues on xhtml/css
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 21:31:20 GMT

'Cos it's sometimes really hard to figure out where the <p> tags may
or may not go.  JSPWikiMarkupParser.paragraphify() tries real hard,
but it does sometimes get it wrong.

In fact, I would very much like to get rid of <p> tags altogether,
and move to pure <div>s with a paragraph class.  You can see that
many blogging software (e.g. blogger) already does this - they put in
two <br/> -tags for paragraph breaks, and put a div around everything
else.

It's really easy to get invalid HTML with plugins.  If a plugin
contains a block element (e.g. div or hr) you must close the <p>
before calling a plugin - but there's no way to know.  You can't
close paragraphs just randomly...

So you can't rely on the <p> tag being there.

(Yeah, we could pipe everything through jtidy.  But that would slow
things down quite a bit.)

/Janne