From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.jaqu...@mac.com>
Subject Re: package names (was Re: PLEASE READ: package names, trademarks and legal advice)
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:18:46 GMT
I like Simon's idea. The big thing *I* need, as someone who has lots
of 3.0 Stripes-related checkins ready, is to get that SVN repository
up and running. If doing that with the com.jspwiki package works for
Apache, fine.

However, if the release-JSPWiki2.8-from-Apache approach does not fly,
I would prefer to rename packages for 2.8. Although that would mean we
cause two breaks, it might also make migration to the new APIs
slightly easier -- because you'd separate the package import migration
step from the method-level changes for 3.0.

On the other hand -- it's equally possible that plugin and JSP
developers would bypass 2.8 regardless of the approach we take, while
they wait for the "real" 3.0 release.

All of this is a long-winded way of saying, "I don't care," or 0 for
short.

Andrew