From Simon Kitching ...@ops.co.at>
Subject import into svn - included jarfiles
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:29:10 GMT
Hi,

A thought occurred to me : there is currently work underway to try to
get the existing jspwiki code into the apache svn repository.

But it appears that up to now the practice has been to check binary
dependencies in to the sjpwiki cvs repository. This makes the repository
*much much* larger than it would be without them. May I suggest that
this practice be reconsidered *before* the import into apache svn, ie
that *only* the source code be imported?

In most apache java projects, the practice is to either use maven2
(which pulls libraries directly from the archives held at
repo1.maven.org, or ibiblio.org/maven2) or to use Ant tasks that fetch
the necessary libraries from exactly the same locations.

Regards,
Simon