incubator-jspwiki-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Goran Karlic (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (JSPWIKI-124) DE and ES localizations not being set up properly
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:20:33 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-124?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12556543#action_12556543
] 

Goran Karlic commented on JSPWIKI-124:
--------------------------------------

The issue could be more complicated.

I changed the locales "de_DE" and es_ES in version 2.6.0 to "de" and "es", that is I renamed
the files ".properties" in the i18n directory. I did the following test pattern in the Apache
6.0 container:

1) Browser with "de": returns English (failed)
2) Browser with "de-de": returns Deutsch (ok)
3) Browser with "de-ch": returns English (failed)

4) Browser with "es": returns English (failed)
5) Browser with "es-es": returns Espanol (ok)
6) Browser with "es-mx": returns English (failed)

7) Browser with "fi": returns Finish (failed)
8) Browser with "fi-ab": returns English (ok / failed?) - as "fi-ab" is not ISO compliant

The results are the same with Firefox 2.0 and IE 6.0.

Q: what are the test results using a different container, i. e. Glassfish?
Q: must more changes be done than simply renaming the files?




> DE and ES localizations not being set up properly
> -------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JSPWIKI-124
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-124
>             Project: JSPWiki
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Localization
>    Affects Versions: 2.6.0
>            Reporter: Janne Jalkanen
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 2.6.1
>
>
> EN and FI localizations work, because the files are named "CoreResources_en.properties"
and "CoreResources_fi.properties".  However, DE and ES are using the "de_DE" and "es_ES" locales,
respectively, which means that most browsers which just send "German" (de) will see the default
English (and ditto for Spanish).
> The locale files should probably be named "CoreResources_de.properties" instead of "CoreResources_de_DE.properties"
in order to catch a larger number of users.
> This is a minor fix, so I propose we take this already in 2.6.1.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message