From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject add-on versioning rules, was: Re: EmoticonsFilter in 2.6.0
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 13:08:20 GMT
Hi everybody!

> 2.6 and 2.4 PageFilters are not API compatible.  You will need to
> recompile the Filter.  This is a pretty straightforward process,
> though, and it would be cool if someone could make it their job to
> update 2.4 filters to 2.6.

Thanks Janne, it was really easy. The EmoticonsFilter is working now,
just looking for contribution rules and after that I'll soon upload
it.

The discussion on API changes a.s.o. let me think of the versioning
rules which were discussed on the lists a short time ago.

I think it would be very useful to extend the versioning scheme by
rules for add-ons of any type (filters, plugins, providers,...) as a
recommendation to contributors.

If I've understood the versioning proposal right, then for example
AddOnName-major.minor-AddOnVersion would already be sufficient for
stable versions, whilst for developer versions, the complete JSPWiki
version would have to be used.
Examples:
EmoticonsFilter-2.6-0.2.jar
EmoticonsFilter-2.7.2-svn-3-0.2.jar