From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Fwd: package names (was Re: PLEASE READ: package names, trademarks and legal advice)
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:24:14 GMT

Folks,

The opinion seems to be that for 2.8, we would need to rename all the
packages to org.apache.jspwiki.*.  This means that ALL existing
plugins and modules will break.  The problem is that we're going to
break the API again in 3.0 (that's why the "3"), when revamping the
backend.

So, this means two source and binary breaks between two consecutive
major releases, invalidating all of the existing plugins.

We have three options: change our release plans, bite the bullet and
accept the breaks, or alternatively, postpone graduation until we
have 3.0 (which may take a while).

Opinions?  Other alternatives?

/Janne

Begin forwarded message: