From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject NPE while creating user on the sandbox
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:37:49 GMT
Hi folks,

I just wanted to create a new user on sandbox.jspwiki.org and got a
NullPointerException:

> JSPWiki has detected an error
>
> Error Message
>     An unknown exception java.lang.NullPointerException was caught by Error.jsp.
> Exception
>     java.lang.NullPointerException
> Place where detected
>     com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.MailUtil.sendMessage(), line 266
>
> If you have changed the templates, please do check them. This error message may show
up because of that. If you have not changed them, and you are either installing JSPWiki for
the first time or have changed configuration, then you might want to check your configuration
files. If you are absolutely sure that JSPWiki was running quite okay or you can't figure
out what is going on, then by all means, come over to jspwiki.org and tell us. There is more
information in the log file (like the full stack trace, which you should add to any error
report).

> And don't worry - it's just a computer program. Nothing really serious is probably going
on: at worst you can lose a few nights sleep. It's not like it's the end of the world.

The data was:
usera / usera / Jim Foo A / florian@holeczek.de

My local Wiki (JSPWiki 2.6.1-cvs-6, too) doesn't have a problem with
these data, but I haven't configured the mail function. So I guess the
problem is located there.

Regards,
 Florian