From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0-rc1
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 00:03:18 GMT
Hi Janne,

On Dec 11, 2007, at 3:23 PM, Janne Jalkanen wrote:

> Hi ho folks!
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the final issues marked for JSPWiki
> 2.6.0 are fixed, so I took the liberty of creating a Release
> Candidate for 2.6.0.  You can download it from the usual place, or
> get jspwiki_2_6_0_rc1 from the repository.

Great news, I know a lot of hard work went into this release,
especially with the surprise security issues at the last minute.

> I also signed it; my shiny new GPG key can be downloaded from my
> personal webpages at http://www.ecyrd.com/ButtUgly/wiki/JanneJalkanen

It would be good if you uploaded it to a public key server and
planned to have it signed by other Apache folks. See http://
wiki.apache.org/jdo/KeysAtApache for some helpful hints on keys.

> (I'm ditching my old PGP key, as PGP support seems to become more
> scarce day-by-day.)
>
> Please subject this version to cruel and unusual tortures, and
> report any bugs you may find against 2.6.0.
>
> I would like to propose that unless we find any showstoppers, we go
> live with this version, and release it as a stable.  Please test
> and let this list know if you think so, too.  We know that there
> are minor issues, but considering that people find them faster than
> we can fix them, we'll never otherwise release 2.6...  The fact
> that we're not in the Apache infrastructure yet is probably slowing
> us down.
>
> Running the webtests is probably a very good idea, now :-).
>
> Once 2.6 is declared stable, I propose that we move all the code to
> ASF SVN, and continue 2.7 development work there using the Apache
> process.  Also, the 2.6 trunk should probably stay open in
> cvs.jspwiki.org for 2.6.1 bugfixes, if there are any showstoppers
> or security issues that must be corrected.

Sounds good.

Craig

> Comments?
>
> /Janne