From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject The guy's back...
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2007 20:45:29 GMT
Remember the guy who just posts random words on jspwiki.org,
presumably to poison bayesian spam filters?

Well, he's back, and he seems to have fixed his system to correct for
UTF-8 (which was an easy way to catch the bot).

I have to admit that this is no longer fun.  My next idea is to make
a Javascript-based, automated captcha (if you've got JS on, the
captcha gets automatically filled, so normally, the user does not
have to care.  If you've got JS off, then you have to fill it
yourself.  But after that, I'm running out of ideas.  I would really
hate to close down jspwiki.org, make registration mandatory, and have
all registrations moderated.

(Also, the guy is now posting random words, *amended* with random
snippets of the content of the same page.  Therefore just checking
for a single word is not possible.)

/Janne