From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: work on xml-rpc?
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 00:54:08 GMT
Fabian Haupt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm not quite sure if someone is currently working on the XML-RPC stuff
> [1]. I could imagine you're all busy with the Release related work.
>
> I've just implemented putPage so far. So if this is still relevant for
> future versions, I'd happily share the changes i've made/will make.
> (at least I use the xmlrpc interface to get and put the wikipages for
> conversion from/to other wikis [2]).
>
> greets
>
> Fabian
>
> [1]  http://jspwiki.org/wiki/WikiRPCInterface2
> [2]  http://www.wiki2wiki.net

Fabian,

I've done quite a bit of work with the current XML-RPC code and a few
months ago suggested that we look into upgrading to a newer version of
the Apache code supplying us the XML-RPC functionality. At that time
Janne frowned upon making changes to something that wasn't broken and
would require significant modifications, given that Apache's code has
modified its API quite a bit over the years. I'm not sure how he feels
at this point -- certainly with 2.6.x on the way we won't be making
any nonessential changes that would potentially introduce a lot of new
bugs.

I've written an "InterWikiPlugin" that implements all of the features
of the older XML-RPC interface. I wouldn't be adverse to upgrading to
the newer Apache version at such time as JSPWiki does. If you end up
doing a lot of XML-RPC work we might benefit from discussing this
further and/or sharing code.

see:  http://www.altheim.com/ceryle/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=InterWikiPlugin

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record