From "Dave Wolf" <dave.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions...
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 00:28:15 GMT
Hi,

I've installed and configured JSPWiki and am running into a couple of
problems that I've not been able to find a way around today. I started at 7
am this morning (its 4:30 pm now), so I feel like I'm just running into
brick walls, w/o much headway. Note: Tomcat v5.5.25 is installed as a
service.

The two problems are:
Getting Tomcat (5.5.25) to see the policy and jaas files. I've attempted
several approaches:

   1. Adding CATALINA_OPTS="-
   Djava.security.auth.login.config=C:\WebContent\Wiki\jspwiki.jaas -
   Djava.security.policy=C:\WebContent\Wiki\jspwiki.policy " to the
   System Variables.
   2. Adding -Djava.security.policy=C:\WebContent\Wiki\jspwiki.policy & -
   Djava.security.auth.login.config=C:\WebContent\Wiki\jspwiki.jaas to
   the Java Options of the Tomcat Configuration tool.
   3. Adding the content from the jspwiki.policy file to the end of the
   catalina.policy file.

None of the above approaches have worked. The bottom line is that the webapp
fails unless there is a jspwiki.policy file in the <webapps>/jspwiki/WEB-INF
directory.

The other ?problem?, and this may be one of my expectations, is that I've
configured JSPWiki to require Admin approval for new registrations. No
emails are being generated for denied registrations. Approval registrations
do result in sent emails, but none for those denied, bug or feature?  Also,
there doesn't seem to be a notification to the administrator group or UI
hint that one or more workflow items are pending.

The Wiki is going to eventually become part of a grassroots partisan
political site and so needs to be secure and provide notifications to the
members of the Admin group.

Thanks In Advance!
--
Dave Wolf

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.