From "Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez" <juanpablo.san...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSPWiki 2.6.0 release
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:58:30 GMT
Hi all,

I've been tinkering with webtests awhile from now. The thing is, once you
manage to make them (JWebUnit) run, via Eclipse or Ant, you'll see about 60%
of them will fail because they make assertions against unlocalized text (aka
2.4.x template). This is the biggest issue with them, IMHO. Also, I've seen
that  JWebUnit + JUnit 3.8.x has some difficulties parsing mootools library
(JUnit 4.3 seems to be ok). Regarding the fact of launching webtests via Ant
script: I haven't been able to look at it, but Andrew's commit at
2.5.158should help get them running.

I've began to translate web tests to JMeter, but just now there is only a
simple Login&Logout web-test. I'll gladly translate them gradually but -and
it's a very big but-, for the next 3 weeks I'm not going to be able to work
too much on them (sorry for the screamings there on Finland, :-s), ie: today
I've arrived home at 22.30 from work, and it seems it's not going to change
in the following weeks, so the time I can put into it is mostly dawn /
weekends (for several reasons, 5 out 10 people in my project switched job
with deadline 3 weeks ahead.. urg). I haven't look into Selenium very
deeply, but if anyone want's to, it can be another option, right now there
are only 2 out of 16 webtests translated.

Besides of that, I found that JMeter isn't exactly intuitive at first but,
once you get it, it's very straightforward. If someone is interested, this
pdf<http://ecmarchitect.com/wp-images/Load_testing_Documentum_WDK/Load_testing_Documentum_WDK.pdf>it's
a very good starting point on this tool. JWebUnit tests were also
making report files at tests/reports, and they've been for me the place to
look at when something were wrong with them.

Finally, on 2.6.0: I'll give a +1 on that. Janne, Dirk & all: you've put a
huge amount of work on that to happen. I'd like to see David's Au patch on
FCK and ShortUrlConstructor but, right now, I feel I do speak too much and
commit not so much (and I'd really like to have the time to make it the
opposite), so it's more a wish than show-stopper :-)

Cheers,
JP