From Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: Adding custom JSP modules to JSPWiki
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:36:17 GMT
Janne Jalkanen wrote:
> The trick would not be to add a new Command, but to simply use some
> custom logic in your ContentTag subclass, and if it does not match
> against your own parameters, call the superclass method.
I tried to follow this idea, because it sounds so simple and clean.  But
when I examined it more closely it seems to get involved in some of the
deeper aspects of JSPWiki processing that I've never really understood.
So, this approach is not really an option for me.
> Velocity bypasses JSP completely, and requires only Servlet support.
> It would be a far cleaner and nicer solution, and I know some people
> are succesfully using Velocity templates with JSPWiki to generate HTML.
I've done quite a bit of work with Velocity myself.  Could you put me in
touch with someone who's using Velocity within JSPWiki?

In the meanwhile, I think I'll stick with making additive changes to
ViewTemplate.jsp to handle customized JSPs.

Terry