From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: Vote: 2.6.0 release
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 22:50:25 GMT
Janne Jalkanen wrote:

> Is that a part of the pagecontent or the entire web page?

Not sure of the question entirely, but it basically is a single
TitleBlock.jsp that looks for a wiki page called TitleBlock. If
that page exists its content is included in a titleblock that
appears at the top of the page, e.g., formatted as a 100% width
banner across the top of the page. I.e., if the skin overrides
the CSS in jspwiki.css that by default hides the title block:

   #titleblock {
       display:none;
   }

In most of my skins this is changed to something akin to:

   #header #titleblock {
       z-index : 777 ;
       display:block;
       position: absolute ; left: 0px; top: 0px; text-align: left;
       height : 90px ; width : 100% ; vertical-align : middle ;
       background-color : #307879 ; color : white ;
       padding : 0em 1em 0.1em 20px ;
       margin-bottom : 0em ; margin-top : 0em ;
       border-bottom: 3px #c0d4cc solid;
   }

with appropriate alterations for any internal content (h1, h2, etc.).

Does that answer the question? I'm planning on submitting a template
once things settle down that uses the TitleBlock.jsp, probably one
for the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (I have permission to
the logo!).

Murray

> /Janne
>
> On 8 Nov 2007, at 23:29, Dirk Frederickx wrote:
>
>> Murray,
>>
>> Sound like a good idea. Similar to CopyrightNotice in the footer, we
>> could add a title box in the header.
>>
>> I would prefer not to put any predefined format or contents in it
>> (like suggested in your previous patch) but only show  that content
>> when the page exists.
>> So, a new block could be added to the header:

>> Any votes for this ?

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record