From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Event and i18n Patches [Was: Vote: 2.6.0 release]
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 19:39:02 GMT
Hi,

In order to attract community contributors it would be good to
standardize patch contributions.

Many other projects recommend for non-trivial patches, a JIRA to be
open and a patch to be attached to the JIRA. It's easier to review
patches attached to a JIRA; all you need to do is to click on the
attachment and it appears in a browser window.

Clearly any committer has the ability to commit at will. But if the
patch needs to be reviewed, a JIRA issue with a discussion is a great
way to capture everyone's feedback in one place.

Regards,

Craig

On Nov 9, 2007, at 11:20 AM, Janne Jalkanen wrote:

>> * the TitleBlock.jsp and JSP/CSS changes to accommodate, with changes
>>   as per Dirk's suggestions
>
> These are dirk's domain...
>
>> * the i18n patches that separate the greeting and following
>> message as
>>   used by UserBox.jsp (including the changes to the JSP)
>
> Didn't take these in, as the patch wasn't clean - it failed on
> everything but English.  Also, they seemed to have loads of other
> changes as well, which I wasn't too comfortable with.
>
>> * slight modification/simplification to WikiPageEvent
>> * addition of WikiPageRenameEvent (I *thought* this was already in
>> CVS
>>   and consider this a really necessary addition, otherwise there's no
>>   notification on page name changes)
>> * change of private to protected on a method in
>> LuceneSearchProvider to
>>   permit extension
>> * added class info to error message output of ClassUtil
>
> The rest are in.
>
> I'm still wondering though why you don't put these in yourself -
> you *do* have commit access to the CVS... ;-)
>
> /Janne

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!