From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: patch on userbox
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2007 05:43:49 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:
> Hi Murray,
>
> In my experience, changes that appear to affect most of the lines of a
> file are usually related to line endings. If the file is unix and you
> use windows, and svn doesn't have a rational setting for svn:eol-style
> you will get this symptom.
>
> Take a look at the svn:eol-style setting and if necessary set it to LF
> or native and this problem goes away.

Thanks Craig -- usually in vim it'll mention if the file appears to be
DOS line endings, or it will show "^M" as Control-Ms, and it doesn't
appear to be the case with the i18n files. The only thing that is
indicated is "noeol", which I believe means no end-of-line at end of
file. If it means there are no linefeeds, that would perhaps explain it.

I'm BTW using vim on Ubuntu linux with everything set as UTF-8, and just
using the regular GNU diff.

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record