From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: Issues register for JSPWiki metadata support?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:06:19 GMT
Janne Jalkanen wrote:
[...]
> Therefore, I started a small JSR-170 -implementation project called
> "Priha".  It's not meant to be JSR-170 -compliant, but should fulfil
> all of our use cases, while retaining a very simple-to-use provider
> SPI, similar to the current JSPWiki PageProvider.  It also needs few
> external libraries (it tries to use Java 5 built-in stuff as much as
> possible), and is pretty fast.  I thought it would be cool to ship it
> as part of JSPWiki 3, and provide some nice migration path.  Then the
> people who need serious enterprise grade performance can use something
> else, and people who are happy with just a simple implementation can
> use whatever is built-in.

Sounds like exactly what I was trying to describe (poorly).

> It already works to quite a large degree.  If you want to start
> hacking away at it, you can check it out from cvs.jspwiki.org under
> the module name "Priha".  At this stage I'd be happy to get some
> co-contributors on it :-)

I would be happy to take a look, and potentially work on it as well,
but for some reason I'm not currently able to get CVS to work, not
sure if it's my end or the CVS server is down. I'll try again tomorrow
from work.

Thanks much!

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record