From Simon Helsen <>
Subject Re: Graduation & code re-org
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:01:22 GMT
a quick congrats on graduation. nice job!

question: the package reorg which has been discussed in the past. For when
is this planned and how (if) does it relate to graduation? I am asking
because we may want to adopt the graduated jena, ideally with the TDB bug
fixes, but we cannot afford the package renames...

Andy Seaborne <>
04/24/2012 11:48 AM
Graduation & code re-org

One step in the graduation process is to move the SVN repository.

There is also JENA-191 which is to re-organise the structure.

Combining the two seems to me to be a good idea - just one step of major

Move the tree exactly as is (I suspect we need infra to make that change
because of security)

Then "immediately" make these changes which move the main modules into a
single trunk arrangement.

/Jena2/IRI/trunk -> /trunk/jena-iri
/Jena2/ARQ/trunk -> /trunk/jena-arq
/Jena2/jena/trunk -> /trunk/jena-core
/Jena2/TDB/trunk -> /trunk/jena-tdb
/Jena2/Fuseki/trunk -> /trunk/jena-fuseki
/Jena2/SDB/trunk -> /trunk/jena-sdb
/Jena2/LARQ/trunk -> /trunk/jena-larq
/Jena2/JenaTop/trunk -> /trunk/jena-top ?? jena-parent
/Jena2/Examples/trunk -> /trunk/jena-examples

This is minimal - further changes may be needed.

Initially the build will be as now, we can then change it because we now
have the right layout.  We then have a one-step build.

(Paolo has experimented with a multiple module build in jena-dist)

If I hear nothing in 3 days (or a bit more :-), I'll start this process.

PS And I'd like to get a new release of IRI/core/ARQ/TDB as a single
release ASAP (1) various bug fixes and (2) no "incubator".