From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Graduation & code re-org
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:40:21 GMT
One step in the graduation process is to move the SVN repository.

There is also JENA-191 which is to re-organise the structure.

Combining the two seems to me to be a good idea - just one step of major

Move the tree exactly as is (I suspect we need infra to make that change
because of security)

Then "immediately" make these changes which move the main modules into a
single trunk arrangement.

/Jena2/IRI/trunk -> /trunk/jena-iri
/Jena2/ARQ/trunk -> /trunk/jena-arq
/Jena2/jena/trunk -> /trunk/jena-core
/Jena2/TDB/trunk -> /trunk/jena-tdb
/Jena2/Fuseki/trunk -> /trunk/jena-fuseki
/Jena2/SDB/trunk -> /trunk/jena-sdb
/Jena2/LARQ/trunk -> /trunk/jena-larq
/Jena2/JenaTop/trunk -> /trunk/jena-top ?? jena-parent
/Jena2/Examples/trunk -> /trunk/jena-examples

This is minimal - further changes may be needed.

Initially the build will be as now, we can then change it because we now
have the right layout.  We then have a one-step build.

(Paolo has experimented with a multiple module build in jena-dist)

If I hear nothing in 3 days (or a bit more :-), I'll start this process.

PS And I'd like to get a new release of IRI/core/ARQ/TDB as a single
release ASAP (1) various bug fixes and (2) no "incubator".

View raw message