From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject I/O and extensibility.
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:37:42 GMT

> Perhaps, we should add an explicit unsetBase*ClassName(...) call.
> In future, it would be nice to give users the ability to easily register/unregister their
RDF readers and writers making easy for third parties to add their own  serialization formats
and/or parsers
> from native formats.
> Paolo

and tell me what you think.

It's a complete replacement for reading models (and more) in Jena and
integrates filemanager-isms and  It does proper HTTP conneg.

(anything {X} is a replacement for current {X}.java)

The current public API works --, FileManager.get().read/load.
  FileManger like functionality is built into all read operations.

There is one reader implementation (RDFReaderRIOT) - it uses file
extension (and URL extensions), Accept: media type and the app-supplied
language name to decide what the syntax.

WebReader2 is a collection of functions to read triples/quads.  It's the
new front-door.

See WebReader2.addTripleSyntax/addQuadSyntax for extensibility.

WebReader2.wireIntoJena/resetJenaReaders are just for running with
existing Jena. is a class of many constants for mapping media types to
handlers.  None of this fixed RDFReaderFImpl stuff.

There are some misnamings - things have grown over time (e.g.
addTripleSyntax is a "add or replace").

View raw message