From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject Re: Implementing GeoSPARQL
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 20:50:08 GMT
Hi Rob,

On Apr 3, 2012, at 11:23 AM, Robert Vesse wrote:

> So I think was Chris is asking is whether your implementation of GeoSPARQL is written
in such a way that it is easily divorce able from the spatial index backend i.e. could you
contribute the code that implements all the relevant functions in such a way that we could
plug in alternative backends and/or libraries for spatial representation and calculation?

Yep this is exactly what I was asking. The goal of SIS is to provide such a library, in an
licensed fashion:

I was thinking if the spatial part of Parliament was pluggable, we could use SIS to implement
that part.
Right now, I will likely start looking at parts of Jena, Any23, and Tika that are relevant.

Note, I'm also doing some stuff in OODT-ville through GSoC (see OODT-402 [1]) that is connecting
stores like OODT
to SIS, and looking to do something similar here.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246