From Robert Vesse <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Jena as a TLP
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 19:10:49 GMT

On Mar 22, 2012, at 12:00 PM, Robert Vesse wrote:

> The Apache PMC is proposing that the Apache Jena project having migrated successfully
to the Apache process as an Incubator Project is now ready to graduate and become a Apache
Top Level Project (TLP).  This is in line with the recommendation of the Incubator PMC that
Jena is ready to graduate and should proceed with this ASAP
> The primary benefits of Jena's graduation to a TLP for the community are as follows:
>  *   Faster releases - The Jena PMC will be solely responsible for releases and ensuring
these comply with Apache process, this places more burden on us but speeds up the process
as the only vote required is the community vote (currently we require a community vote and
a incubator PMC vote)
>  *   More self governance
>  *   More visibility as an officially blessed Apache TLP
> Please vote for Jena to proceed with graduation as an Apache TLP
> [] +1 Approve Jena proceeding to graduate as an Apache TLP
> [] 0   Dont' care
> [] -1  Jena should not graduate, because …
> This vote will open to the end of
> Sun 26/March 23:59 UTC
> (72 Hours from the same hour tonight).
> Rob