incubator-jena-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Website changes
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 18:43:36 GMT
On 29/03/12 16:50, Robert Vesse wrote:
> I clicked through a ton of stuff (the entire sidebar plus  a bunch of links of individual
topics which lead to sub pages and aren't in the sidebar) and couldn't find anything obviously
> Rob



In that case, I'll push staging to live sometime soon. There are broken 
links (far fewer) on live but that include TDB transaction material.  It 
seems to be related to whether a page has been updated or not - 
guessing, the translator runs on a change in staging.


> On Mar 29, 2012, at 3:27 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> 1/ Many internal links in the content were broken due to the changes in the markdown
processing from mdtext to html.
>> What's changed is that generated links use "-" for space (not "_"), lowercase is
used for everything and it drops non-alphanumerics.
>> I'm done a wholesale fixing of the website by scanning for candidate broken links
and fixing.
>> # Upper case
>> find . -name \*mdtext -print | xargs grep -l '(#[^)]*[A-Z][^)]*)'
>> # Underscore
>> find . -name \*mdtext -print | xargs grep -l '(#.*_.*)'
>> and now, hopefully, things are much better.
>> It's a lot of change and the chances of missing something are rather too high.  If
you have a moment, please check staging - pick a few pages and see if the links in the main
content area work.  You may need to refresh as the caching is quite long.
>> 2/ style tweak
>> Separately ad independently, while in the area, I changed the line-height of the
content area so the lines are more widely spaced.  On pages with large paragraphs, I found
the text less readable with the default line height.  This is made worse on my machines because
Ubuntu's arial/helvetica does not display very well (it's over anti-aliased leading to a less
crisp glyphs).
>> 	Andy

View raw message