From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release jena-larq 1.0.0-incubating (RC-1)
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 16:57:51 GMT
+1 with comments

== source-release zip:

* .asc, md5 and sha1 all correct.

* NOTICE looks good.
* LICENSE looks OK but ...

the LICENSE file ends with:
The Apache License, Version 2.0 applies to the following libraries:
Apache Lucene
but I don't see why.  Lucene is not shipped and is no different to
various other libraries used by, but not shipped with, LARQ.

* RAT:
org.apache.jena.larq.TestLuceneNRT has no license
   (I recently (13 March) fixed this in SVN)

* Scripts

The script bin/larq does not run
    (classpath does not get set properly, no instructions on website)

This works:
mvn -q exec:java -Dexec.mainClass="larq.larq" \
-Dexec.classpathScope=runtime  -Dexec.args="--help"

except no log4j and it's clunky.

Suggestion: Either hide in documentation or fix.

* Website

Make documentation quick link "LARQ - Free Text Search"

== jar from staging:
LICENSE and NOTICE look good

View raw message