From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject Re: tdbloader3 : time to incoproate in the codebase?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 10:45:14 GMT
Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 09/03/12 10:18, Paolo Castagna wrote:
>> Andy Seaborne wrote:
>>> Is now the right time to incorporate tdbloader3 into the main TDB
>>> codebase as "tdbloader3"?
>> Package names:
>>   - most of the code is in:*
>>   - tests for the code above in:
>>* (but
>> src/test/java/ instead of src/main/java)
>>   - command line is named tdbloader3 in the tdb.* package
>>   - test for the command line is in tdb.* package (but in src/test/java)
>> Data for the tests is in src/test/resources/tdbloader3 folder
>> I am ready, shout if any of the above is not what you would expect.
>> Paolo
> Fine - personally I'd put it in com.hp.hpl.jena.* so its alongside the
> other TDB code.  It may be a while before we can convert classes in TDB
> (if nothing else, it takes time to process and work through the release
> cycles).  But it can move around once in the codebase if it becomes
> inconvenient under org.apache.jena.

Let's start with org.apache.jena.* and see if it is going to cause
any trouble to anyone. If that happens, I'll move it.

I do not foresee any issues and I rather prefer to start using
org.apache.jena package names, at least for the new things which
do not have backward compatibility consequences.

(Little push back, but if you insist, I'll give up and go ahead with
com.hp.hpl.jena.*). :-)

>     Andy

View raw message