From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject TDB 0.9.0 release : next steps
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:51:42 GMT
* New RC to come, some license fixes, modified dist/ layout
* Run the two VOTEs in parallel.

- - - - - - -

The vote in the TDB 0.9.0(-incubating) release has stalled on

There are two +1 IPMC votes but also some comments:

1/ Not all files have license statements
2/ The dist/ layout

While it might be possible to get a final +1, it's asking IPMC members
to disregard the comments.  Speaking personally, I don't feel now is the
time to do that.

(1) is fixed in svn as far as is reasonable - the scripts have either a
one line or 14 line Apache license; the XML properties file (for 2
properties) has a one line Apache license; test files don't have a
license; test manifests do.  Some clearing up of unnecessary stuff. [*]

(see LEGAL-124 for more).

(2) On layout:

Proposed new layout:
`-- jena-tdb-0.9.0-incubating
     |-- jena-tdb-0.9.0-incubating-distribution.tar.gz
     |-- jena-tdb-0.9.0-incubating-distribution.tar.gz.asc
     |-- jena-tdb-0.9.0-incubating-distribution.tar.gz.md5
     |-- jena-tdb-0.9.0-incubating-distribution.tar.gz.sha1

The eagle-eyed will see that this is RC-2 minus the maven items, minus
any direct way to find the distribution.

This is the nearest to what is currently in dist/incubator/jena and,
critically, does not require any retro fitting to the already-released
stuff (which would be yet another IPMC vote presumably).

And onwards:

Fuseki can fit within this same style of layout.

Any pure jar re-released (e.g. IRI, jena-core, jena-arq) will have just
a and not "distribution" (separate artifact for that).

The RAT report looks OK to me.

Search for license-less files:

find . \( -name .svn -o -name classes -o -name target -o -name testing
\) -prune -o -type f -print | xargs grep -L

View raw message