From Dave Reynolds <>
Subject Re: FreeMarker license
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:10:34 GMT
On 22/02/12 11:52, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> PS
> Plan B1 is use Velocity but that seems to need an external file and has
> issues with unnecessary dependencies.

> Velocity : I didn't find out how to control velocity without an external
> file like tools.xml; to use velocity-tools I either ended up with a lot
> of extra stuff, or had to tune the maven excludes to avoid pulling in
> struts (this is fixed in Velocity tools 2.1 but it's not out yet and
> Fuseki needs non-snapshots to release with). I may revisit this if I
> have time.

FWIW I use velocity quite a lot on its own, never tried or needed

Using it that way doesn't bring in struts and doesn't need an external
config file.

I tend to use the non-singleton model so create my own instance of
VelocityEngine and use VelocityEngine.setProperty to set things like
logging configuration. Details in [1]. Though I've used the singleton
model as well in the past.

View raw message