From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Fuseki status update : JSPs have gone.
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 21:21:38 GMT
Having had a look at the licensing issue around JSPs and shipping a
combined distribution, Fuseki has switched to using FreeMarker for a few
templated pages.

This means the static pages have changed a bit - you can't simply drop a
new server on top old pages (although by linking each *.jsp to *tpl it
should work!).

Ian suggested FreeMarker after I had a look at Velocity - thansk Ian,
good pointer.

I found Velocity a bit difficult to control for the logging and setup in
the embedded environment that is Fuseki.  I didn't find out how to
control velocity without a file like tools.xml; to use velocity-tools I
either ended up with a lot of extra stuff, or had to tune the maven
excludes to avoid pulling in struts (this is fixed in Velocity tools 2.1
but it's not out yet and Fuseki needs non-snapshots to release with).

I also looked at embedded tomcat 7 - aside from a tangle of logging, it
worked fine, it's just bigger than the Jetty setup I have been using.

View raw message