From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Jena TDB 0.9.0 (RC-3)
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2012 19:29:27 GMT
On 18/02/12 17:35, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Why is there a pom in the top of the binary dist when there is nothing
> in there that uses it? Did you mean to include a pom that builds the
> examples?

Information. History.  Removed.

> A package name of tdb.examples (as opposed to org.apache.tdb.examples)
> seems a bit unusual.

Historical; pre-dates Apache.

When we reorg the module structure, it has been suggested to have an
integrated examples module.

> Source package:
> conventional location for assembly descriptors is src/main/assembly.

Never understood that one.  It's not part of the output so src/main
seems odd.

> conventional location for would be src/xxx/resources
> as appropriate.

That puts it into the jar file (subject to xxx).

Another discussion? it's picked up by commands from the current
directory if they want to override the default now-built-in settings,
e.g. development debugging.

> why LICENSE and also LICENSE-dist (ditto NOTICE) and not in the binary package?

LICENSE goes into the jar, javadoc and source jar.

LICENSE-dist goes into the distribution and includes mention of included
dependent binaries.  Isn't the the right thing to do?

> None of this is a reason to respin from an editorial perspective.
> +1

View raw message