From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject Re: LARQ: release process (Was: How we add a new module to the current release process?)
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 11:03:24 GMT
Hi Andy,
thanks for the feedback.

Andy Seaborne wrote:
> I'm looking at the
> (I can't build as there is no TDB 0.9.0-incubating at this very moment.)

Yep (pointing to things in the staging repository is possible, but not a
good idea).

(As soon as TDB is released, I'll publish LARQ in the staging repository
again, ask if others find other problems and if it's ok call for a [VOTE].

Once all the Jena modules have been released at least once in Apache,
things will be better since each module can decide to depend on previous
releases or wait for a new release of a dependent module.)

> 1/ I don't think SLF4J needs to be in the LICENSE as it is not a source
> dependency (is it?) and is not shipped in the release.

> 2/ The LICENSE/NOTICE in src/main/java/META-INF are different from the
> top level ones.  Specifically, the NOTICE does not include the
> additional legacy copyrights.  This then ends on in the built jar.

> Odds and ends:
> 3/ The SVN tag is "jena-larq-1.0.0-incubating"
> I have been adding -RC1 then moving it when the vote approves so it's
> clear which is which in case it has to go round the loop again.

How do you do that?

I used the maven-release-plugin:
mvn release:clean release:prepare  -Papache-release
mvn release:perform  -Papache-release

Will the -RC1 be on the SVN tag only or also on the artifacts in the
staging repository?

> 4/ README->website says
> """
> The old LARQ documentation is still available:
> """
> Is this still true?

> 5/ BUILD is a copy of jena 2.7.0 release
>    It can be simplified as artifacts are now available.

> 6/ POM:
> <!-- This is here so that Maven can retrieve jena-top parent pom
> snapshots -->
> No longer needed.

>     Andy

View raw message