From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject Re: TDB: release process
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 18:39:42 GMT
Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 08/01/12 19:27, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> The release of core/ARQ etc. hasn't lead to any immediate disasters (but
>> there is still time!) so we can move on to TDB.
>> As far as I'm concerned, the code in the current snapshot and in SVN is
>> release candidate code (JENA-102 is fixed) and if people don't test it
>> (I've pinged jena-users@), then they risk it taking longer to get a
>> released version with fixes.
>> I need to write the transaction API documentation and there is something
>> odd in the prefix handling but as far as I can see, it's been odd for
>> some time, maybe all time; it needs reworking, not fixing so shouldn't
>> block a release.
>> Andy
>> PS Fuseki snapshot is using TDB transactions now.
> I'm going to start the release process for TDB and Fuseki.  I'll call
> the vote as soon as possible.

Thank you Andy.

Do you have a plan for LARQ?

It's just a small extension for ARQ, therefore it does not need a full
.zip distribution. Or, that is necessary anyway? Probably, just the is necessary as per jena-iri, for example.
Do you agree?

In relation to Fuseki, JENA-63 is still open/pending:
But, if Fuseki is released first... LARQ cannot be included in it
and JENA-63 can only be closed with the next Fuseki release.

>     Andy

View raw message