From Thorsten Möller <>
Subject Re: [Graduation] Resolution description text
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:20:14 GMT

Am 21.01.2012 um 15:50 schrieb Andy Seaborne:

> As this is already well known, I don't think a full name check is needed but I did a
quick spot check using Bing (Google uses Google+ to skew results - I get us for "jena" as
#1 hit)

> Bing "Jena" ==>
> #1 Wikipedia page about the town in Germany

Slightly off topic, but Jena is not named after Jena (the SemWeb framework versus the town)?

You might  grin at me, but this question is awaiting an answer for years, and this was probably
the best moment to ask. Since I know this town, I was always wondering whether there is a
relation between the two and how Jena (the SemWeb framework) got its name. Maybe someone can
shed a light on where the name comes from (I've never found an explanation somewhere on the
project's Web site).

View raw message