From Damian Steer <>
Subject Re: Getting TDB command line utilities running on a Mac OS X?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 22:59:54 GMT

On 22 Jan 2012, at 23:45, Damian Steer wrote:

> On 20 Jan 2012, at 17:39, Robert Vesse wrote:

>> 1 - TDB won't build on my Mac unless I disable the tests because I get a whole bunch
of Java heap memory errors, I tried using MAVEN_OPTS to set -Xmx8g but I still get 71 errors
which cover three main errors - Java heap space, OutOfMemoryException and failed to initialize
> Confirmed on my mac. Boosting the heap won't help on 64 bit systems, since the buffers
are outside the java heap. (Looking at it run the build barely breaks 25Mb). Mysterious.

Tried this using the oracle preview of jdk 7 and it's fine. I find it hard to work out what's
going on with the tests, but poking around I see nothing strange at all, and the process isn't
using much memory at all.

View raw message