From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Getting TDB command line utilities running on a Mac OS X?
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:14:00 GMT
On 27/01/12 09:55, Damian Steer wrote:
> On 27/01/12 09:37, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> On 26/01/12 22:54, Damian Steer wrote:
>>> The datasets were all being retained. Why this affected the mac
>>> and not linux I have no idea.
>> Quite weird. It does not really explain the observations as a large
>> heap should at least move the point of failure around a bit.
> See "Maven forks the tests ... and doesn't pass on options like dump
> heap on oom.". I assume it also wasn't passing on Rob's heap increase.
> (I wonder if the mac issue concerns the process launching?)

I see don't see why the mac is different though. It's the heap that's
running out. If the test object is being held onto, so dataset is
reachable and not a GC candidate, then it is so on all systems.

As it works on Oracle preview of jdk 7, we can run and hide behind
saying its a JVM bug or JVM/OS interaction.  Weak!

This is the scripted tests - that might be a factor.

It will remain a mystery.  Until next time.

Rob - it should work now.

> Damian
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -