From Paolo Castagna <>
Subject Re: TDB: release process
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 07:59:48 GMT
Hi Andy,
do you have a date in mind for the release?

I'd like to release LARQ as well, if possible (at the same time).

There is an open bug/new feature for LARQ:

 - JENA-164: LARQ needs to update the Lucene index when a
   SPARQL Update request is received

If you agree, I'd like to release LARQ anyway (since JENA-164 isn't
a trivial fix/task and it's a new feature, not a bug).

I also need to spend a couple of hours to double check the NOTICE.txt
file and make sure it is correct and following criteria used in the
other modules.

I'll have a double check on the pom.xml and see if it doing something
different from the other modoules with the aim at reducing diversity
between modules (=> lower cost for the release manager).

Other than this, I do not see other tasks pending for LARQ.

Andy Seaborne wrote:
> The release of core/ARQ etc. hasn't lead to any immediate disasters (but
> there is still time!) so we can move on to TDB.
> As far as I'm concerned, the code in the current snapshot and in SVN is
> release candidate code (JENA-102 is fixed) and if people don't test it
> (I've pinged jena-users@), then they risk it taking longer to get a
> released version with fixes.
> I need to write the transaction API documentation and there is something
> odd in the prefix handling but as  far as I can see, it's been odd for
> some time, maybe all time; it needs reworking, not fixing so shouldn't
> block a release.
>     Andy
> PS Fuseki snapshot is using TDB transactions now.

View raw message