From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Profiler
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 18:15:08 GMT
On 03/01/12 22:16, Stephen Allen wrote:
> I'm going to request YourKit licenses for everyone on [1] today.  As a
> condition, YourKit requires the following testimonial to be placed on
> the site:
> "
> YourKit is kindly supporting open source projects with its
> full-featured Java Profiler.
> YourKit, LLC is the creator of innovative and intelligent tools for profiling
> Java and .NET applications. Take a look at YourKit's leading software products:
> Profiler</a>  and
> Profiler</a>.
> "
> Is the bottom of the "About" page [2] a good place for it?

Yes, I think so.

> -Stephen
> [1]
> [2]

visualvm is OK (and it looks like its what's in netbeans as it invoked
netbeans to run) but less sophisticated.  I've failed to launch visualvm
with an app to run, only connect to a running one.  I tried the eclipse
launcher but that made every launch a choice of normal or profiled which
is somewhat inconvenient.  Not tried the myeclipse integration (if that
is different - I can't tell).

View raw message