From Benson Margulies <>
Subject Re: Help with parent POMs
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 04:38:04 GMT
Putting repos in all the poms would be viewed as evil by many,
including me. Code moves, but released poms are forever.

I'm sure by now you've realized the technical situation: since the
repo is declared in a parent the parent, that declaration is not
available when locating the parent in the first place (unless it is in

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Andy Seaborne <> wrote:
>>> Whoops, missed this question. Have you run 'mvn deploy' to push the
>>> snapshot? Even if you have, the snapshot repo isn't in anyone's repo
>>> list by default. They would have to add it to their settings.xml.
>> Does adding a<repositories>  section in each of the modules help?
>> Maven cannot retrieve the parent pom.xml file from Maven Central
>> (which is the only repository available before retrieving the
>> parent pom itself).
> Ah - good point.  They are in the Apache POM which is jena-top's parent.
> Adding them to settings.xml causes things to work.  My bad.
>> It's not ideal because of the repetition, but if it works would be
>> not that bad (Apache Maven repositories are not going to change).
> Could do - there's <repositories> in TDB and Fuseki currently which current
> use the staged artifacts for testing.
>> My 2 cents,
>> Paolo
>        Thanks,