From Thorsten Möller <>
Subject Re: Versions: Xerces/XercesImpl and ICU4J
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 18:44:17 GMT

Am 11.12.2011 um 18:08 schrieb Damian Steer:

>>> That would be good - could you have a look?
>> After checking in more detail, I got to a point where most was replaced by built-in
JDK classes. However, there are some references left in com.hp.hpl.jena.iri.impl.AbsLexer
and one in com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.arp.impl.CharacterModel which I don't know how to resolve due
to lack of Unicode experiences nor enough time resources that I can spend on that. If you
want I can create patches and send them to you - unfinished work, though. I also tried to
simply comment the remaining references (they all seem to be kind of syntax checks) and run
the JUnit tests, but that apparently failed.
>> Thorsten
> Hi Thorsten,
> This is great (begone megabytes of dependencies!).
> Could you open a ticket and upload the patch? I'll have a crack at completing this work,
if possible.

Done (JENA-177).

> Which references were giving you problems?

com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.arp.impl.CharacterModel, line 147:
- reference to UCharacter.getCombiningClass(..)

- Normalizer.quickCheck(..) not available in java.text.Normalizer
- some references to UCharacter and UProperty

These references seem to need higher level changes in order to resolve them, hopefully.