From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Jenkins and nightly builds/snapshots... how to trigger the nightly build only if there have been changes?
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:22:43 GMT
On 20/12/11 08:12, Paolo Castagna wrote:
> Hi,
> building and publishing a SNAPSHOT after every check-in is too 'aggressive'
> therefore we are not doing. We scheduled a nightly build.
> That is not ideal either because if there have been no changes for a module
> a SNAPSHOT will be published anyway.

Which module are you thinking of?

> Is it possible to schedule a nightly build and actually build and publish
> a SNAPSHOT if and only if there have been changes for that module?
> I'd like to do that, but I do not know how to do it with Jenkins.
> Paolo

Looking at IRI_Snapshot, I see it does not run every day.

Success > Console Output  #24 	19-Dec-2011 00:16:57
Success > Console Output  #23 	15-Dec-2011 02:31:53

I assumed it was because the "build triggers" is:

* Poll SCM

Maybe should include
* Build whenever a SNAPSHOT dependency is built

... is this tied to the poll rate as well? Or a dependency tree managed
by Jenkins?

Same settings for ARQ; only poll SCM is set.

* Build after other projects are built

might help - we define the order.

(at the moment, the projects are changing daily).
The other factor is the maven repository poll setting in <updatePolicy>.

View raw message