From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Profiler
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 20:42:00 GMT
On 16/12/11 16:52, Stephen Allen wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for good cpu/memory profilers for Java?
> The jvisualvm that comes with the JDK is ok, but a bit limited.  I saw that
> the old Jena site mentioned YourKit, do we still have a license for that?

No - the previous keys don't work with the current version. And all the
keys were allocated to (SF) project people.  We asked for a specific
number - it was different keys for different people.

If someone is asking for keys, I'd like one, please.

It's a useful - I used it to develop the B+trees for TDB.  It's not
perfect - profiling a running database in a way to get stable results
wasn't practical but maybe that was asking too much of a tool anyway.
For focused experiments, it was very handy.

* Just to be clear, I think the usage would only cover use on open
source code
* There is an advertise condition - personally, I'm OK with that
> -Stephen

View raw message