From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Release Process Notes
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 20:51:07 GMT
On 15/12/11 19:55, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi Andy,
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Andy Seaborne<>  wrote:
>> For the record, this is (roughly) what I did: it's the same as most
>> maven-based projects except it creates a dist/ area and works with our
>> layout....
> Cool - are you planning to document this at
> eventually?

Yes: at:

"eventually".  I am currently minded to suggest we concentrate on
delivering useful packing of Jena, so we have "code" modules and
"packing" modules.

A multi-module build works better with a single-trunk project layout as
does RAT support - we can snapshot the entire tree in one go.  Our
currently loose "flying in formation" set of modules is a cost.

But first - get this release done, then wait for a month or so to see if
any issues arise, before any svn reorg because there may be periods when
it's hard to do a release for some bug or other at short notice.

> We have this for Sling
> ( and as someone
> who only occasionally creates release I've found it very useful.

One of the ones I used ... but that seems rather similar content to
others like Whirr ...

> -Bertrand

View raw message