From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Pre-release trial run.
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 11:20:37 GMT
On 05/12/11 23:18, Leo Simons wrote:
> Hey Andy, all,
> On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Andy Seaborne<>  wrote:
>> Everything ready (ish).
>> Mentors - any time to help check all the necessary Apache process has been
>> covered would be appreciated.
> Yay! Well done, that's looking really really good for a first (second?) RC.
> I'm impressed :-). Having said that, let me try and get as annoying as
> possible....gna gna gna gna. No seriously, I'm trying to be a hard ass
> so that when you get to general@incubator there's either
> * no surprises, or
> * we have plenty of ammunition at the ready if it's needed...
> hope this helps....
> cheers,
> Leo

Thanks for the review.  Being nit-picking is good (I'm going to regret
saying that sometime!) for this step because once we get thing sorted
out then the project will run more smoothly.

I'm currently working though some SPARQL review work today; I find it
easier to serialize review processing but I have read through the
comments and they makes sense to me.  I'll reply in full ASAP.

We do have some maven-isms which I will 'explain' ("rant about"); the
Apache style and the RAT do push us more towards a single trunk,
multi-module, one version number build.  We will then have to work out
how to release individual modules; or not, and always release everything.

As far as I know ("investigations continue") the tools-lib/ jars in Jena
core are unused and should have been deleted years ago.

	Again, thanks,

View raw message