From Andy Seaborne <>
Subject Re: Pre-release trial run.
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 17:17:55 GMT
Everything ready (ish).

Mentors - any time to help check all the necessary Apache process has
been covered would be appreciated.

Proposed maven repository:

Proposed dist/ area:

Jena 2.7.0 download is:

(.tar.gz and .tar.bz2 versions also available)

Testing needed:

* Use the repository as a maven repository and check it works.

* Check modules:

* Any other checking you think needs doing.

Please try these out and report.

I've already rebuilt Jena 2.7.0 from the source-release artifacts and
also downloaded the zip and checked the bat scripts work.  The current
prototype repo and dist area are, however, composites, not clean builds,
because the upload of all the bytes for the last few changes to only
apache-jena would make the cycle time really long.

Process from here:

1/ Checking (see above) / iterate
2/ Do the staging build into the Apache nexus staging repository
3/ Build the final dist/ area and put on
4/ Call the project vote (3 days)
5/ If that passes, call the IPMC vote (3+ days)
6/ Iterate on feedback.

For the project vote, it's required to be at least a majority vote of
the PPMC, with mentors, but I think we should be looking for consensus
amongst the project committers and mentors.

View raw message