From Ian Dickinson <>
Subject Re: Pre-release trial run.
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 12:45:56 GMT
Hi Andy,
On 02/12/11 10:33, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 01/12/11 13:11, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> Prototype layout for the incubator/dist/jena area:
>> This ends up are:
>> and is mirrored and archived.
>> The layout is one subdirectory per module, with the zip download at the
>> top level.
>> The observant will notice that is it is not quite all the files - it
>> does not contain the .asc.md5 and .asc.sha1 files, nor jena-top
>> Other projects don't dist these. It's an attempt to make things a bit
>> more findable.
>> It's assembled (by script) based in the installed artifacts, in this
>> case the trial run repo.

Looks pretty good to me. Some minor observations:

* the format for apache-jena-2.7.0-incubating.tar.gz.md5 doesn't allow
quick checking with md5sum --check. I had to change it to:

7f2dd10c0fc5bf9cfe33c9373847aa36 *apache-jena-2.7.0-incubating.tar.gz

Ditto the sha1 file and sha1sum --check

* Some unexpected files are executable:

$> find . -type f -perm /ugo+x | grep -v "bin\|bat"

* The command line utils (well, the few that I tried) worked OK once I'd
set JENAROOT to point to the install directory. Possibly something to
mention in a readme.txt?

Good job!

View raw message