From Simon Helsen <>
Subject XMLInputFactory#newFactory not available in OpenJDK 1.6
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 13:56:55 GMT
Hi guys,

when I load the latest Jena2 project in an environment with an IBM JDK 6,
I run into a compile error in line 67 of StAX2SAX

It seems that the method XMLInputFactory#newFactory() does not exist. I
cross-checked with OpenJDK 1.6 and it has the same problem.  Now, the
method does exist in the Oracle JRE, but if you use
XMLInputFactory#newInstance(), it works in all environments (where I
double checked that the implementation for newInstance() is identical to
newFactory() in the Oracle JRE)

Is this something that could be addressed? Do you want me to open an issue
to track this?