From Benson Margulies <>
Subject Re: Paolo's mvn problems
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 02:27:02 GMT
> By the way, do you know any good and well managed example of a multi-module
> (Apache) project with different versions/life cycles for each module?

Not, I think, in the sense that you mean.

All my experience concerns two categories of project: monoliths, like
CXF, and ant farms, like Maven.

You can model CXF as one big build tree with many modules that are
released on a completely locked lifecycle.

Maven, on the other hand, has 27 independently-release items. They are
only and always released independently. No one ever makes a release of
maven-and-its-plugins. The Maven PMC makes releases of all the
different items, each on their own schedule. So no one is ever trying
to make a single artifact with all the sources of all of them, it
wouldn't make sense.

It seems to me that Jena wants to be more maven-like than CXF-like.

View raw message