From Robert Vesse <>
Subject RE: Patch Generation and svn:eol-style
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 23:18:45 GMT
Yes I did use TortioiseSVN but I also tried using svn diff from the command line and still
had the same result either way

Perhaps if I'd had svn:eol-style set appropriately this would have fixed things

-----Original Message-----
From: Paolo Castagna []
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: Adding support for MonetDB

Hi Rob,
I don't remember, did you use TortoiseSVN on Windows to generate your patch?
I am still unsure if we should run svn propset svn:eol-style native
for all the text file (I usually do not do that).

On 15 November 2011 23:45, Robert Vesse <> wrote:
> Thanks for figuring this out Paolo, sounds like the same issue we had with my RDF/JSON
parsing patch
> Rob
of existing SDB classes which I had made minimal modifications to, so I've re-checked out
SDB 1.3.4 and created a new patch which I can upload later. So - the first attachment in Jira
shouldnt be used.
>>> Thanks for looking at this. I just tried applying this and it went a bit wrong.
>> It's strange, I think it's really important we understand what goes wrong when we
receive a patch which do not apply cleanly.
>> If the patch is small, it's not a big deal to apply the changes manually. But it's
time consuming.
>> If the patch is big, applying it manually is not an option.
> """
> Configuring the Subversion client
> Committers will need to properly configure their svn client. One
> particular issue is OS-specific line-endings for text files. [...] Add
> the contents of the file
> to the bottom of your ~/.subversion/config file.
> [...]
> Tip: If you use TortiseSVN, a popular Windows GUI client that
> integrates with Windows Explorer, you can simply right click in
> Explorer and select TortiseSVN - Settings, and then press the "Edit"
> button to update your "Subversion configuration file:". Simply copy
> the above svn-eol-style.txt file's contents into the end of the config
> editor (usually Notepad) that appears, and save the file.
> """
> --
> Maybe is this what happened: all the lines were changed because of the
> line-endings.
> I am sending this email so that when this happens again we all know
> where to look for a fix.
> Cheers,
> Paolo

View raw message